17 April 2007

 

Quote(s) of the Week

What with my trip, illness, computer problems, and weird work schedule, I've missed a lot of quotes. I thought today would be a good day to play catch up. Ready?


For 28 March: "Red vs. Blue: Out of Mind"

Tex: Who did [the artificial intelligence Omega] jump into?
Wyoming: That, dear Tex, is between me and Omega. Oh, but you'll find out soon enough.
Tex: You know what? You don't have to tell me. All I have to do is pummel you senseless, rip off your helmet, and access your communication logs. I'll know exactly where he is.
Wyoming: Ah. I see. Well, in that case, perhaps I shall tell you.
Tex: Nah, I like my way better.


For 4 April: This is from a book by Rob "Red Dwarf" Grant called "Colony".

Styx: I'm so excited. I've never been on a suicide mission before!
Eddie: Really? Me neither.
Styx: Really?
Eddie: Really. You, uhm, don't get many veterans in that field.
Styx: No? I wonder why.


For 11 April: "GI Joe Special Missions: Antarctica"

Frostbite: Lady and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking and we're about to, well, outrun a blizzard. So, you know, probably a good idea to fasten those seatbelts.
Duke: You've done this before, right?
Frostbite: Sure, I .... well .... no.


And for today: Our introduction to Constable Fraser in the pilot episode of "Due South".

Mountie boss: And you found it necessary to go out there and get him now? In the middle of one of the worst storms we've had this year?
Fraser: Yes, sir.
Mountie boss: Fraser, you just tracked a man 300 kilometers because he caught too many fish.
Fraser: He exceeded the limit by quite a bit, sir.
Mountie boss: How much could a man fish over the limit, that would justify you recklessly endangering your life and the reputation of this police force?
Fraser: Four and half tons, sir.
Mountie boss: Of fish?
Fraser: Yes, sir. He was dynamiting the rivers and scooping the salmon off the surface with a backhoe. So I destroyed the plastic explosives, the nitroglycerine, the fragmentary mines, and I then donated the three and half truck-loads of fish to a local Inuit village. The tribal elder said he would call you, with his thanks, as soon as their local phone lines were restored.
[a secretary enters the room]
secretary: Sir, there's a tribal elder on the phone for you....

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
LOL, twice!
 
Which two?
 
First two.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?