04 September 2010

 

Quote of the Day: Red Dwarf

My friend, uhh.... let's call her "Curly", comes over once a week to hang out and watch TV.

I've introduced Curly to a lot of television shows: Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Veronica Mars, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Burn Notice, Dead Like Me, True Blood, and maybe another one that I've forgotten.

When Doctor Who or Supernatural are airing new eps, we watch those. Right now, however, there's nothing on. So, tonight we watched an old episode of Doctor Who ("School Reunion" -- the one with Sarah Jane!) and then I introduced her to Red Dwarf.

Ah, Red Dwarf. I've missed you. ("It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere, I'm all alone, more or less!")

So...



From "Future Echoes" (episode 1.2):

[Lister and Cat are preparing to enter statis. Cat shows up with a rack of clothes.]

LISTER: [Laughing.] What are you doing?

CAT: I'm doing what you said do.

LISTER: I said, "Take a few essential basics you couldn't bear to leave behind."

CAT: Right! These are all I'm taking. Just these, and the other ten racks. Travel light, move fast!

LISTER: You can't take all of this. There's no room.

CAT: [Rummaging around in the rack.] OK, then I'll leave ... this! [Pulls
out a small red handkerchief.] I'll just have to do without it.

LISTER: You can take two suits and that's it.

CAT: Two suits? Then I'm staying!

LISTER: You can't stay. By the time I come out, you'll be dead.

CAT: Two suits is dead!

[Lister walks away.]

CAT:
[Calling after him.] Hey! If I cut off my leg and leave it behind, can I take three?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?