29 September 2009

 

That's a New One

Ahhh..... there's nothing like a good, old-fashioned power outage to make me appreciate my computer problems. At least if I'm having computer problems, that means I have ELECTRICITY!

'Twas a weird outage, though. I lost power for a couple of seconds, then it came back.

Everything was fine for a couple of minutes, then it went out for a couple of seconds, then it came back.

Then it flickered a bit, and went out for good. (Well, for an hour and a half, anyway.)

It was back on by 10, and the local news said that people in my area were without power (apparently I was lucky to have it back already?) and the the cause of the power outage was.... a utility pole fire. Yes, that's right, a UTILITY POLE CAUGHT ON FIRE. That just does not sound good.

Of course, I'm assuming that that's what caused my outage. The news report described an area that does not include my house. And yet, my outage started at the exact same time. Hmmm.... methinks their info was a bit off.

Oh well. At least this outage had the decency to be 1) in a colder season (power outages in the summer are WEIRD) and 2) to be a full power outage (half a power outage is WEIRD, too!).

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?