19 December 2014

 

Stitching the Pillow Already

From Carolyn Hax's 12/5/14 chat:


Q: My wife's parents are sponsoring a cruise for this Christmas, but I can't go because I have deadlines just before and just after New Year's. My assistant invited me to spend Christmas with her. Thing is my wife hates my assistant because she thinks I just hired her for her looks. She is amazing in every way, but I don't think it's a bad thing to have someone who looks gorgeous and is highly confident as your assistant--it keeps business smooth and clients are often nicer when she's around. So how do I deal with my wife's demand that I spend 14 hours Christmas Day in the office to PROVE that I really can't go on a cruise with deadlines on Dec. 29 and Jan. 5?


A:
When you blow off Christmas with your wife, don't spend it with your hot assistant.

I'm stitching the pillow already.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?