26 December 2014

 

Do As I Say, Not As I Capture On Film

From Carolyn Hax's Hootenanny of Holiday Horrors 2014:

Ah, that Christmas I was pregnant and my mother had been annoying the crap out of me with her esteemed parenting advice for several months by then. It was barely tolerable long-distance, but then with me home for the holidays I was on the edge of losing my mind. For some reason my dad decided to break out the old videocassettes of my childhood holidays. He used to set up a tripod and just leave the video-camera running for hours upon hours, so we had lots of boring footage UNTIL the nearly 30 minute clip of baby me, left alone in the room except for the video-camera filming me, systematically pulling ornaments off the tree and eating them. Like, swallowing chunks of non-edible semi-poisonous choking hazards. Magically, the esteemed parenting advice ended. And we no longer have to sit through hours of grainy footage of a Christmas tree. Win-win!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?