19 April 2014

 

Quote of the Day: Not Always Right

Seen here:


[A big chain retail store with a grocery section has a power outage that lasts several hours. There’s a generator that keeps lights, necessary systems, and two registers going, but it’s not strong enough to power the refrigerated/frozen section. They block off those aisles and announce over the PA that they will not be able to sell any cold foods. A clerk see a customer ducking the cordon and opening a refrigerator door.]

Clerk: “Excuse me, ma’am? Because of the power outage, these aisles are closed. We can’t guarantee the cold food is safe to eat anymore.”

Customer: “Yeah, I heard, but I just need some eggs.”

Clerk: “I’m sorry, but we can’t sell those. There’s a [Grocery Store] across the street if you need.”

Customer: “Why would I go there? I’ve already got these. Hey, what the h***? These eggs are all warm!”

Clerk: “Yes, ma’am, because of the power outage. The refrigerators haven’t been working, so all the cold food has thawed. We can’t sell it.”

[The customer drops the egg carton on the floor.]


Customer: “Then why the h*** are they still on the shelf? What kind of sick store would try to sell bad food to people?”

Clerk: "...that’s what I’ve been trying to tell you, ma’am. We CAN’T sell it. That’s why these aisles are blocked with the ropes and signs saying ‘Do Not Enter.’”

Customer: “That’s it. I’ve had enough of your stupid policies! I’m taking my business to [grocery store across the street]!”

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?