25 February 2014

 

Quote of the Day: Not Always Right

Seen here:


[Note from the manager in the story: "Milk is subsidized in my state so we don’t offer cash refunds or exchanges unless the product is spoiled or damaged. One man has been exchanging half-empty milk every week for six months claiming each time that the container is leaking. He does it with different clerks and it takes a while before everyone realizes he’s scamming us. As manager, I ask my clerks to let me know if they see him come in so I can talk to him."]

Customer: “I’d like to exchange this milk.”

Manager: “Sure, we can certainly do that. Man, you have some rotten luck!”

Customer: “What do you mean?”

Manager: “Well, you just always seem to have leaky milks. Looking at how little is remaining, it must have really made a mess in your fridge!”

Customer: “Oh. Yeah.”

Manager: “Wow, going through a milk every week? I wonder if [Milk Company] knows they have so many leaky containers. I should track this and notify them.”

Customer: *nervously* “I don’t think that’s necessary.”

Manager: “Oh. Well, a leaky gallon every week for six months? That’s unacceptable. Maybe you should try another brand? You know, [Milk Company]'s headquarters are just one town over. I could just call them and have them inspect this.”

Customer: *alarmed* “Oh, no, no! It’s fine. I’m all set.”

Manager: “Are you sure? Hey, why don’t we go pick out a gallon together. That way we’ll KNOW it isn’t leaking?”

Customer:
“Oh, uhhh. I’m sure I won’t have any problems anymore.”

Manager: “I really appreciate you letting us know there is an issue with their packaging. I’ll be sure to keep an extra close eye on your milk from now on.”

[The customer leaves in a hurry and is never seen again!]

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?