20 October 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Not Always Right

Taking place in the U.S., near the border with Canada:


Canadian Customer: “Ugh! I hate this country!”

Me: “Hello, welcome to [store]. May I ask why?”

Canadian Customer: “It’s so hard to tell the value of your money. You should color code it like we do in Canada!”

Me: “Well, if you look on all four corners on either side of the bill, the numbers you see denote the dollar value of the bill. You can also look at the bottom of either side of the bill, or to the right side of the face on the bill.”

Canadian Customer: “Ugh, why do you Americans have to make everything so difficult?!”



[Note: This used to drive me crazy when I was working retail. I understand foreigners being confused by our coins -- they don't have numbers on them -- but the bills are NOT THAT COMPLICATED. Sheesh!]

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?