19 July 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Tumblr

Every night I watch ~20 minutes of TV before I go to sleep. Right now I'm watching Battlestar Galactica. I'm over halfway through the the fourth (and last) season. At 20 min/night, it's taken me a couple months to get through the first three and half seasons and the two mini-series. It's an excellent show, but it is dark and depressing and bleak. At this point, Gaeta's lost his leg, Dualla killed herself, Roslin is dying, it is just a big mess of despair. I keep reminding myself that regardless of all the bad stuff happening right now -- and that I know will happen in the last few episodes -- I know that Athena and Helo have a happy ending. And sometimes, that's all you can hold on to, you know?

Anyway, the reason I mention all this is that this quote is about Supernatural, but could easily apply to Battlestar Galactica, too:


"you can’t buy happiness

but you can watch Supernatural and that’ll make you forget happiness exists."

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?