12 June 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Rob Thomas

Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas announced today that Tina Majorino would be reprising her role of "Mac" in the Veronica Mars movie. In his announcement, he told this story:


Back in 1996, I received an email from a 11-year-old asking me questions about my first novel, RATS SAW GOD, that had come out that year. The girl was doing a book report, and she'd gone the extra mile by tracking me down. One of her questions was, "What do you want to do next?" I replied that I was hoping to transition into the TV and film business. She responded that she'd done some film work herself.

A girl with big dreams of being an actress! How sweet! I thought to myself. I should say something encouraging!

I figured she'd been an extra in a friend's short film, or something along those lines, I wrote back asking her, politely I hoped, what movies she'd been in.

"Waterworld," she wrote. "Corrina Corrina. When a Man Loves a Woman."

She was very sweet, though. She told me I should keep chasing my dreams.



[p.s. I love Corrina Corrina. Adorable movie. I've watched it many times, but I had completely forgotten that she played the little girl!]

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?