13 March 2013

 

Veronica Mars Movie! Veronica Mars Movie!

Today Rob Thomas (creator) and Kristen Bell (star) of Veronica Mars launched the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter page. Their goal was to raise $2 million in the next 30 days. If they could get that, then Warner Brothers would let them make a movie.

Here's the video they filmed to promote the project:



There's lot of cool incentives, everything from a copy of the script for $10 to a walk-on role in the movie for $10,000.


Apparently it worked:

Within less than five hours, they had $1 million. By the time I got home from work it was over $2 million.


I went for the $50 level myself: digital copy of the script, digital copy of the movie, t-shirt, and DVD of the the movie that will include extras.

I spent that $50 for three reasons:

1) I really want more Veronica Mars.

2) If you figure $20 for the DVD, $15 for the t-shirt, $10 for the digital copy of the movie, and $5 for the script, that's $50 right there. So I don't feel like I'm over-spending for what I'm going to get.

3) I've had two other cancelled-too-soon shows get new life from fan campaigns (the Farscape mini-series and the Firefly movie) and I didn't do anything to help those projects. I've always felt vaguely guilty about that. Now it's my turn to help, for one of my absolute favorite TV shows.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?