09 June 2012

 

Quote of the Day: Red Dwarf

From "Waiting for God" (1.4):


Toaster: Would you like some toast?

Lister: Uh-Uh.

Toaster: Some nice, hot, crisp, brown, buttered toast?

Lister: Uh-Uh.

Toaster: You don't want any toast, then?

Lister: No.

Toaster: What about a muffin?

Lister: Nothing!

Toaster: You know the last time you had toast? Eighteen days ago. 11:36, Tuesday the 3rd. Two rounds.

Lister: Ssshhh!

Toaster: I mean, what's the point of buying a toaster with artificial intelligence if you don't like toast?

Lister: I do like toast!

Toaster: I mean, this is my job! This is cruel! Just cruel!

Lister: Look, I'm busy!

Toaster: Oh, you're not busy eating toast, are you?

Lister: I don't want any!!

Toaster: I mean, the whole purpose of my existence is to serve you with hot, buttered, scrummy toast. If you don't want any, then my existence is meaningless.

Lister: Good.

Toaster: I toast, therefore I am.

Lister: Will you shut up?!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?