04 August 2011

 

2010 vs. 2011

This WNBA season is very different than last year. (Although 2011 Minnesota is doing a good impersonation of 2010 Seattle -- they're on an eight-game win streak and they've won two recent games that came down to the wire.)

Last year, Seattle spent the entire year on top of the "WNBA Power Rankings". This year, I was (pleasantly) surprised to see them ranked at number three this week. I think that's the highest they've been all season!

Last year, Storm center Ashley Robinson consistently drove me absolutely crazy. I would groan and roll my eyes when she would check into games. At the beginning of this season, Storm coach Brian Agler claimed that she would win the league's Most Improved Player award. I was, needless to say, quite skeptical. But he was right -- she's having a break-out year, her play doesn't make me want to bang my head on the wall, and she's a front-runner for MIP.


Some things, however, stay the same.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?