18 April 2011

 

Quote(s) of the Day: Joss Whedon.

I'm not sure I can pick just one quote from this interview.


How about this one:


question:
["Dr. Horrible"] was totally financed out of your own pocket?

Joss Whedon:
Mm-hmm. I’m like, hey, you know what? Some mid-life crises are cars. They cost about this much. Mine has songs in it.


But how could I not pick this?


question: When you look at the success of "Glee" do you feel like that couldn’t have happened without things like the “Buffy” musical episode “Once More, With Feeling”?

Joss Whedon:
No, but boy am I going to tell people that now. I’m going to run that theory up a flagpole. There’s other things like “High School Musical” that were more influential. However, let’s just say I invented television and leave it at that.


Or this bit, regarding how non-Whedonite fans get cranky when "Serenity" beats out more established scifi movies (like, say, "The Empire Strikes Back") in polls:

question: It’s like being a parent, and letting your child find its way in the world.

Joss Whedon: I can’t control how beautiful and popular my child is. What can I do?


Or (and I promise this is the last one), this gem about the upcoming "Avengers" movie that he's going to direct:

question: Can you say when you start production on “Avengers”?

Joss Whedon: We’re just a hardscrabble bunch. Guerilla filmmaking. I start production a week from Monday. I’m going to get started on the script now. Apparently that’s a thing. I don’t get it. Improv stunts are always way more exciting-looking.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?