28 April 2011

 

Mark Sheppard

For years and years I referred to actor Mark Sheppard as "Cecil L'Ively from The X-Files". He showed up everywhere: Burn Notice, Leverage, Dollhouse, Firefly, and many others that I'm sure I've forgotten. I never knew his name, I just remembered him as "Cecil L'Ively from The X-Files".

A couple of years ago, though, he had recurring roles on two of my favorite shows: Battlestar Galactica (Romo) and Supernatural (Crowley) and I finally learned his name. Now he's on Doctor Who (he's even doing the voice-over for the advertisements on BBC America) and io9 has worked up this little tribute to all the scifi/fantasy roles he's had in the last eighteen (!) years. (I was going to embed it, but they don't seem to have a code for it. Blech.)

P.S. His father, William Morgan Sheppard, has a similarly long and varied career, including (ready for this?) playing the older version of the character Mark Sheppard is playing on Doctor Who!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?