06 January 2011

 

Quote of the Day: Supernatural

Whatever the problem was, Blogger fixed it. Hooray!

From "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester" (episode 4.02):



Castiel:
Excellent job with the witnesses.

Dean:
You were hip to all this?

Castiel:
I was, uh, made aware.

Dean:
Well, thanks a lot for the angelic assistance. You know, I almost got my heart ripped out of my chest.

Castiel:
But you didn't.

Dean:
I thought angels were supposed to be guardians. Fluffy wings, halos -- You know, Michael Landon. Not dicks.

Castiel:
Read the Bible. Angels are warriors of God. I'm a soldier.

Dean:
Yeah? Then, why didn't you fight?

Castiel: I'm not here to perch on your shoulder. We had larger concerns.

Dean:
Concerns? There were people getting torn to shreds down here! And, by the way, while all this is going on, where the hell is your boss, if there is a God?

Castiel: There's a God.

Dean:
I'm not convinced. 'Cause if there's a God, what the hell is he waiting for, huh? Genocide? Monsters roaming the earth? The freaking apocalypse? At what point does he lift a damn finger and help the poor bastards that are stuck down here?

Castiel:
The Lord works...

Dean: If you say "mysterious ways," so help me, I will kick your ass. So, Bobby was right... About the witnesses... this is some kind of a... sign of the apocalypse.

Castiel:
That's why we're here. Big things afoot.

Dean: Do I want to know what kind of things?

Castiel: I sincerely doubt it, but you need to know. The rising of the witnesses is one of the 66 seals.

Dean: Okay. I'm guessing that's not a show at SeaWorld.

Castiel: Those seals are being broken by Lilith.

Dean:
She did the spell. She rose the witnesses.

Castiel: Mm-Hmm. And not just here. 20 other hunters are dead.

Dean: Of course. She picked victims that the hunters couldn't save so that they would barrel right after us.

Castiel:
Lilith has a certain sense of humor.

Dean:
Well, we put those spirits back to rest.

Castiel: It doesn't matter. The seal was broken.

Dean: Why break the seal anyway?

Castiel:
You think of the seals as locks on a door.

Dean: ... okay. Last one opens and...

Castiel:
Lucifer walks free.

Dean:
Lucifer? But I thought Lucifer was just a story they told at demon Sunday school. There's no such thing.

Castiel: Three days ago, you thought there was no such thing as me. Why do you think we're here walking among you now for the first time in 2,000 years?

Dean: To stop Lucifer.

Castiel: That's why we've arrived.

Dean: Well... bang-up job so far. Stellar work with the witnesses. That's nice.

Castiel:
We tried. And there are other battles, other seals. Some we'll win, some we'll lose. This one we lost. Our numbers are not unlimited. Six of my brothers died in the field this week. You think the armies of heaven should just follow you around? There's a bigger picture here. You should show me some respect. I dragged you out of hell. I can throw you back in.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?