13 November 2010

 

Christmas Albums

I don't buy a lot of Christmas albums, but if a singer whose voice I really like releases one, I'm definitely interested. Some favorites are by Jewel, Sarah McLachlan, Martina McBride, and Kristin Chenoweth.

This winter Annie Lennox is releasing a Christmas album. (It's called "Christmas Cornucopia".) I was intrigued, since she has such an interesting, rich voice. When I saw that the songs included "Coventry Carol" (which she calls by its other name, "Lullay Lullay") and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" -- which are probably my two favorite carols -- I was very interested. iTunes doesn't have samples to listen to yet, but Amazon does. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm going to like her version of "Coventry Carol". I can only listen to a clip, though. Maybe the whole song is better?

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?