19 June 2010

 

I'm Glad I Don't Watch the Weather Channel

My friend (and fellow manager at work) was visiting her family in Minnesota this last week. On Thursday, a massive tornado ripped through her hometown (Wadena). This ABC video mentions her town at 0:45. The stop sign shown at 0:55 looks like the one in a picture she showed me today. If it's not the same exact stop sign, it's one just like it.

No one in her town died, but something like 25% of the town was destroyed, including the high school, community center, hockey rink, and swimming pool. Her mom's house (where she was at the time) lost of chunk of the roof and a tree went right through the wall of the garage, into the engine block of her mom's car. She's still pretty shaken by the experience.

I'm glad I don't watch the Weather Channel or national news. I know the name of her hometown, and I knew she was there on Thursday. If I'd heard about it before she got back, I would have been very worried about her!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?