17 July 2009

 

Quote of the Week

I finished my Angel re-watch, and started Firefly.

This is from the second pilot episode, "The Train Job". (The first pilot is called "Serenity", and the idiots at Fox decided to air it last.) Anyway, it was the first episode of Firefly I ever saw, and this was one of my favorite scenes:


[Mal and Zoe have just discovered Alliance troops on the train that they're trying to steal something from.]

Zoe: Sir, is there some information we might maybe be lacking as to why there's an entire Fed squad sitting on this train?

Mal: It doesn't concern us.

Zoe: It kinda concerns me.

Mal: I mean, they're not protecting the goods. If they were, they wouldn't be letting people past them.

Zoe: You don't think that changes the situation a bit?

Mal: I surely do. It makes it more fun!

Zoe: Sir, I think you have a problem with your brain being missing.

Mal: Come on. We stick to the plan. We get the goods [and] we're back on Serenity before the train even reaches Paradiso. Only now we do it under the noses of twenty trained Alliance Feds. And that makes them look all manner of stupid! Hell, this job I would pull for free.

Zoe: Then can I have your share?

Mal: No.

Zoe: If you die, can I have your share?

Mal:
Yes.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?