09 April 2009

 

Quote of the Week

I'm still re-watching Buffy. I've made it to Season 5, although this quote is from the Season 4 episode "Something Blue":


[Buffy, under a love spell, is looking at a wedding dress. Riley approaches.]

Riley: Hey, Buffy. What's up?
Buffy: Riley, look [at the dresses]. Aren't they beautiful?
Riley: Ummm... Yeah? They're nice. A little dressy, maybe, for school, but...
Buffy: Riley.
Riley: Buffy.
Buffy: I really like you. I hope you know that you mean a lot to me. And if things were different...
Riley: Different than what?
Buffy: I want you to promise me that we can always be friends. And I'd really like you to be there on the day.
Riley: The day when....?
Buffy: The wedding!
Riley: The wedding. What wedding?
Buffy: My wedding! I'm getting married; can you believe it?
Riley: I don't think 'no' is a strong enough word.
Buffy: I know, it's crazy! I mean, we fought for all these years, and then.... Sometimes you just look at someone, and then you know, you know?
Riley: No.
Buffy: I think maybe we fought because we couldn't admit how we really felt about each other.
Riley: Can we start [this conversation] again?
Buffy: You'll really like him. [pause] Well, nobody really likes him...
Riley: I just need to clear a few things up...
Buffy: ... I don't even really like him.
Riley: Buffy....
Buffy: But, I love him. I do.
Riley: Who?
Buffy: What?
Riley: What's his name?
Buffy: Who?
Riley: The groom?
Buffy: Spike.
Riley: That' s a name?
Buffy: Don't be mad.
Riley: I'm not mad.
Buffy: No, you are mad.
Riley: No, I am. I really.. I.... Wow. Who is this guy? Does he go [to our school]?
Buffy: Spike? Oh, no. He's totally old.
Riley: Old?
Buffy: Well, not as old as my last boyfriend was...
Riley: Ok, it's late, and I'm very tired now. So I'm just going to go far away and be... away.
Buffy: But...
Riley: No. Stay.
[Riley leaves]
Buffy: You're ruining my happy day!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?