26 June 2008

 

Quote of the Week

The Fug Girls have the best stories. And this one's about Reba McEntire!


So, I have a strange fondness for Joanna Garcia here, probably because I used to find myself accidentally sucked into Reba, like, more that I ought to have been. I would feel worse about that, except for the fact that nearly everyone I know has admitted being accidentally sucked into watching Reba on occasion, and, besides, everyone knows that Reba McEntire is one of those celebrities who doesn't seem particularly hip but is in fact technically awesome. I mean, I know we've talked about this video here before.

And I may have mentioned that I had a rather amusing semi-in-person encounter with her once. Namely, I had been drinking. As had my friends. And for some reason we decided we needed to go to Kinkos. To copy something. So we drunkenly traipsed over to the Kinkos, which is on a very well-trafficked corner. And it was closed. And while my friends were peering inside to make sure it was really, really, really, really closed, I was sort of standing on the corner staring blankly into the street and a very fancy Porsche drives up and stops right in front of me at the stoplight. And Reba McEntire is sitting in the passenger seat and she looks over and sees me drunkenly staring at her and I actually say aloud, "Hey! It's Reba McEntire!" and she totally reads my lips and her reaction is to smile gaily and wave super-enthusiastically at me and then the light changed and she sped off. So she is awesome. Plus, she loves Kelly Clarkson and so do I. And...right, I'm not on Rebamaniacs.com right now, am I? Sorry about that, it's been a long week.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?