28 April 2008

 

Passport

On April 17 I mailed in my application to renew my passport. Today when I came home, I found my new one in my mailbox! I was pretty impressed -- it came in less than two weeks. If you factor in time spent in the hands of the USPS, it took the government about a week to process my application and make me a new passport.

What was odd, though, was that my new passport came in a separate envelope than my old passport (that they returned to me). What's even weirder is that the envelopes were not the same. The old one came in a brown paper envelope, but the new one came in a white cardboard priority mail envelope. I guess different offices deal with the old and new?

Labels:


Comments:
Timing is everything!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?