18 January 2008

 

Quote(s) of the Week

Yowzers, I'm behind! I'm going to blame the holidays, plus getting a new computer. (Getting a new computer meant transferring my old information to my new computer, plus finally emptying out my old-old computer. But now the old computer and the old-old computer are empty, and have been taken to a computer recycling center. I have a lot more closet space now!)


December 21, 2007: I got season five of Red vs. Blue for Christmas (Thanks, Soto!) so I watched all five seasons in a row. It was awesome.

Church: I'm Church; I'm the leader. Everybody looks up to me. Pretty much the only rule for rookies on the blue team is, "Don't kill the leader". That's me.

Sister: That's it?

Church: That's it.

Sister: Sounds easy.

Church: Yeah, well, we're still waiting for someone to follow that rule.


December 28, 2007: More Red vs. Blue...

Church: What is Vic's number?

Doc: What for?

Church: For reinforcements. Wait -- unless you've had, like, specialized combat training in the last ten minutes?

Doc: Uh, nope!

Church: Then yeah, reinforcements.


January 4, 2008: My friend Jack convinced me to read the Harry Dresden books (by Jim Butcher).

Have you ever been approached by a grim-looking man, carrying a naked sword with a blade about ten miles long in his hand, in the middle of the night, beneath the stars on the shores of Lake Michigan? If you have, seek professional help.



January 11, 2008: I have recently discovered (and I am currently obsessed with) Battlestar Galactica.

[Commander Adama and Billy are going to make peace with President Roslin.]

Billy: I still don't think this is a very good idea, Commander. The last time she saw me she wasn't too happy with me.

Adama: She trust you. Values your counsel. She'll listen to you.

Billy: I doubt that very much. I'm her assistant. She doesn't put any more stock in what I say than --

Adama: She thinks you'll be president one day.

Billy: Excuse me?

Adama: That's what she said to me once. That you remind her of President Adar when he ran for his first office.

Billy: I don't really know how to respond to that, sir.

Adama: Don't let it go to your head. Adar was a moron.


January 18, 2008: Lest you think that BSG has replaced Farscape in my heart, here's a quote from the awesomely-titled episode "Hot to Katratzi".

Rygel: This is madness.

Crichton: Could be genius, Sparky. You know, there's a very fine line between the two.

Rygel: Geniuses make plans.

Aeryn: We're going to walk into the most heavily guarded base in the Scarran Empire, start a civil war, and walk out with Scorpius. What part of that do you not understand?

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?