09 October 2007

 

Illogical Rash

I had a rash on my chin. Usually when I get a dry skin rash, I use hydrocortizone for a few days and it goes away. This time, though, it didn't help. I assumed I just needed to give it more time, but after over a month, I decided to stop the hydrocortizone. Within a day the redness had faded but my skin became very dry and began to peel. A co-worker suggest I use Vaseline and, after a few days, the skin stopped peeling. It's been a week since I stopped using the hydrocortizone, and I'm completely healed.

Which, you know, yay! But.....

What kind of rash was that?? Normally I'd guess I had developed an allergy to hydrocortizone, but while I was having the chin rash, I had other dry skin rashes (on my hands and face!) that were quickly cured by the hydrocortizone. I guess that means it was a different kind of rash, but I thought that hydrocortizone would work on a variety of rashes.

I'm very puzzled.

Labels:


Comments:
How would CSI handle this? Run lab cultures of your various patches of skin with Vaseline and Cortizone and see what grows under the microscope? You might be a good research subject for a medical school! ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?