28 April 2007

 

Say Hello to the Oxymoron

This was on the cover of the April 2007 "Glamour" magazine:

Your Fantasy Issue: Get Everything You Crave In Life

*Amazing Hair
*A Flatter Belly
*A Fatter Paycheck
*A Gorgeous Home
*Flawless Skin
*A Guy Who Worships Your Body As Is


Where to start? First of all, I like my hair and my skin. Secondly, who reads "Glamour" for advice on a job? Thirdly -- and this is the biggie -- they list three different things to change about your body, and then suggest that you can find a guy who likes it "as is".

In other words, you can find a guy to love you, even if you don't love yourself.

Labels:


Comments:
If I were a woman, I'm not sure I would *want* to find a guy who worships my body. I would think I'd rather have a guy who respects my opinions and respects me a person, who listens to me, who loves to hear me laugh, who makes me laugh, who likes to spend money on me but appreciates that I am careful with money, who enjoys my company and likes to spend time with me. I know, just other reasons not to take love advice from Galmour magazine.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?