04 October 2006

 

Quote of the Week

I'm going old school this week, with two strips of the comic "Bloom County" by Berke Breathed. Milo the reporter is calling Senator Bedfellow:


Milo: Hello, Senator. I'm working on my first news story and I'd like you to confirm something... Did you say, quote, "I paid them 50 grand to sink Hoffa in the Potomac"?

Senator Bedfellow: WHAT?!

Milo: Then you don't deny ever saying that?

Senator Bedfellow: Yes!

Milo: Then you admit confirming not denying you ever said that?

Senator Bedfellow: No! I mean yes! What?

Milo: I'll put "maybe".


[later]

Milo: Senator? This is Milo Bloom at the "Beacon". Will you confirm that you sunk Jimmy Hoffa in your backyard pond?

Senator Bedfellow: What? Of course not!

Milo: Fine. I'll go with "Sen. Bedfellow denies that pond is where he sunk Hoffa.

Senator Bedfellow: That's not true!

Milo: Okay. "Bedfellow did sink Hoffa in pond."

Senator Bedfellow: I DON'T KNOW where Hoffa is!!

Milo: "'I lost the body' says Bedfellow."



[And one more, just for fun:]


Mrs. Billsby: Hello? "Bloom Beacon"?

Milo: Hello, Mrs. Billsby. How's the arthritis?

Mrs. Billsby: Fine, dear. But you folks printed that I died.

Milo: Impossible. We don't make mistakes on the obituary page, Mrs. Billsby.

Mrs. Billsby: But I'm looking at it right here.

Milo: Okay... Find some good light and read it to me slowly.

Mrs. Billsby: "Billsby slashes four, dies in cocaine brawl"

Milo: That's the front page, Mrs. Billsby.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?