18 February 2014

 

Quote of the Day: Mel Thomas

Former UConn player Mel Thomas, as quoted by UConn reporter John Altavilla:


“It is hard to put into words how thankful I am for how much Coach has influenced my life. My journey at UConn definitely started with some tough love. I remember the ups and downs of my freshman year and all the incredibly sweet things he said to me, 'I used to have Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi and now I have YOU!', 'You are the worst player I’ve ever coached', and 'You can’t guard a chair'. However, no matter how tough he was, I knew how much he cared about me as a person,” Thomas said. “I’ll never forget the times he was there for me to offer support and believe in me, even after I graduated. He has always been there and I know he always will be in the future."

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?