07 December 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Tumblr

Seen here. I think this is a reasonably accurate depiction of being a Farscape fan:


person #1: Is anyone here in the Farscape fandom? I’m on episode 6 and I love it. Gosh, why didn’t I watch this when I was younger. It’s like an older version of Defiance mixed with a little bit of Doctor Who. It’s so good! Not sure if I ship Crichton and Aeryn yet, but it’s growing on me.


person #2: Oh... oh darling...

You will definitely be shipping Crichton and Aeryn soon. And then it’s gonna hurt.

Here’s the thing about Farscape...it rips your heart out of your chest, steps on it, throws it into a blender, makes it into a smoothie, and then force-feeds that smoothie down your throat. By the end of the series your heart is back in your body but it’s not the same as it was before. That’s how I describe Farscape.

We’re here for you. It’ll get better, and then it’ll get worse, and then better, and then so much worse, and then better, and the next thing you know you’ll have watched all four seasons and The Peacekeeper Wars.


person #3: OMG. What she said. No one can prepare you for what you’re about to experience, but I PROMISE YOU, it is SO. WORTH. IT.


person #4: Yea. That. I once described it as the show that took my heart, tore it out, munched it up and shoved it back in my chest and told me everything was okay. Bastard. I love you.


person #5: What they said. Farscape is a show about pain and heartache and fear and desperation and sadness and did I mention pain? But you’re gonna love it with all your heart. (It’s also a show about leather pants and Crichton’s butt and sexy aliens making out and it’s beautiful and insane and your life is better and more complete once you’ve experienced this crazy, lovable show.)


person #6: Yes, yes and yes. All the comments before mine are right on point.

ESPECIALLY ALL THE LEATHER CLOTHES.


Ok, not really. But all the "pain in your heart that you almost can’t handle, until you do and then they give you so much joy again to throw you for a loop and killing you with feelings??" That’s Farscape.

Welcome to a wonderful ride.


person #7: ALL OF THE ABOVE. Farscape is such a heart-rippingly beautiful joyride of a show, and the characters and their journeys and choices and changes will stay with you FOREVER. I’ve been rewatching Farscape every year for almost ten years now, and it never fails to thrill me and confuse me and make me fall in love all over again. That’s what watching it is like. Falling in love. With all the pain and wonder that entails.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?