04 December 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Rebecca Lobo

Surprisingly, not from her twitter. Instead, this is from her blog. (Which I didn't know existed until she posted a link on twitter...):


Our local Catholic elementary school lets the students start basketball in the second grade. Of the ten girls in my daughter’s class, nine play on the team. I am their coach. And coaching them is one of the most rewarding things I do.

We practice one day a week after school. The girls always greet me by skipping across the gym and saying hello with giant gap-toothed smiles. Before a recent practice, they presented me a sign which read, “Apresheat Mrs. Rushin Day!”

None of these 2nd-graders ever played before this year. I doubt many of them ever watched a game on TV. They needed to be told what “dribbling” meant. I had to explain the difference between “offense” (we have the ball) and “defense” (the other team has the ball). But they have fun, work extremely hard and giggle more than I ever thought possible.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?