08 September 2013

 

Dialect Quiz

So, I took this dialect quiz and.... I'm from the midwest, apparently.



Most similar cities: Des Moines (IA), Wichita (KS), Louisville (KY), Cedar Rapids (IA), and Tulsa (OK).

Huh. I've been to Des Moines, but other than that I've never even been to those cities!

What was most annoying/confusing, though, was the last question:


What do you call an easy course?

- other
- bird
- gut
- crypt course
- blow-off
- crip course
- meat

On some of the other questions they would give an option of "I don't have a word for this concept", but on this one they didn't. Am I being dense? What on earth is an "easy course"? Does anyone here in western Washington use this phrase/concept? Help!!

Labels:


Comments:
Just for fun, I re-took it. I got a few new questions, and I answered some of the older ones slightly differently (if I had been on the fence before, I switched to my alternate answer), and.... my map moved further east. (Louisville, Green Bay, Springfield, Lexington, and Milwaukie were my cities. All in states I've never even been to.)

Sigh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?