19 August 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Dick Fain & Adia Barnes

From their broadcast of the 8/17/13 Indiana @ Seattle game, a game in which Tina Thompson collected her 3000th rebound:


Dick: Think about all the punishment that Tina Thompson has taken on her body, getting those 3000 rebounds.

Adia: I have punishment from Tina Thompson on my forehead still, from, like, fifteen years ago!

Dick: [impressed] Do you really?

Adia: Yeah, she almost gave me stitches.

Dick: In college or in the pros?

Adia: In college.

Dick:
Wow!

Adia: In the Pac-12... it was the Pac-10 at the time, that's how long ago it was.

Dick: [teasing] You sure it wasn't the Pac-8 back then?

Adia: [laughing] It might have been the Pac-2.... I played at Arizona; Tina Thompson played at USC. She got a rebound -- one of her 3000 probably in college -- and split my forehead. And I still have a scar!

Dick: Well, at least you got it from the leading scorer in the history of the league! At least it wasn't some johnny-come-lately that shows up for three games and is never heard from again.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?