16 August 2013

 

Fun Maps

Yesterday I saw this list of cool maps and today I saw this one. There's a bunch of overlap, but many only appear on one list.

Favorites:

First list: #1 explains why GeoGuessr uses Brazil and South Africa so much. #3 is always a hoot. #13 is so pretty! #37 is kind of crazy -- I had no idea how much of Australia's population is concentrated on the coasts. #39 -- is that true??!?!

Second list: #4 makes #3 from the last list even more impressive. I love #7. What do the US, Yemen, Brazil, and Ireland have in common? #11! #13 is very clever. #14 is quite surprising to me. I don't understand #15. #21 is hypnotic. #26 is fascinating -- I had no idea that was a western hemisphere thing.

Labels:


Comments:
#15 on the second set is the childhood "digging a hole to China." Do you see southern South America in green on Asia? That shows that Buenos Aires and Beijing are on opposite sides of the planet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?