23 July 2013

 

Tina Thompson Article

From SI.com. I thought this part was particularly interesting:


"On the way to establishing those towering records, Thompson made another less heralded but no less influential contribution to the league: She provided young players with a template for how to be a successful female professional athlete, even when mom gets added to their résumés. After Thompson's son, Dyllan, was born in May 2005, the two traveled together wherever Thompson played, Stateside and overseas. 'I took a chapter out of Tina's book when I became a mom,' says 2008 league MVP Candace Parker, who took her own daughter, Lailaa, on the road with her soon after she was born in May 2009. 'It's been great to have my daughter share that experience with me and get to be a little worldly. Tina showed me that was a good idea.'"

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?