15 April 2013

 

Draft Day!

I started off really well -- I was 6/6! And then I was 0/0 after that....


The Storm picked Maryland forward Tianna Hawkins. She seems like she'll be pretty good. Was very sweet in her interview. Here is her overview from Swish Appeal. And check out the shoes she was wearing in her official pose-with-the-jersey picture. I guess she wanted out of those heels asap!


In the second round the Storm picked Chelsea Poppens from Iowa State.


In the third round the Storm picked Jasmine James from Georgia.


My beloved Kelly Faris is staying in Connecticut -- she was drafted #11 by the Sun. Coach Donovan has said she plans on Faris playing small forward. Ummm... ok? I guess I can see that.


One last note: At #12, the Minnesota Lynx took Lindsey Moore of Nebraska. I thought the name sounded familiar, and it's because she went to Kentwood High School. Home town girl!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Curious... why does Jayda Evans think Lindsey Moore will be "in Seattle by season opener"?

Who would we be willing to trade? Is there a deal in the works? Did Seattle draft a player for the Lynx and visa versa?

Pretty impressive for Kentwood to have their 2007 girl's backcourt be first-round draft picks in the WNBA! One would think they'd have been able to have finished better than 3rd in the state.

Just think how much better UW would have been if LM had become a Husky and not a Husker.
 
I was surprised by Jayda's comment, too. The only thing I think of is a trade for a draft pick?? But we don't want to give a up a first round pick for next year. Dunno.... we'll see, I guess!


 
I know Washington didn't recruit Courtney Vandersloot, but I wonder if they tried to get Moore?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?