18 March 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Geno Auriemma

From this article, about the most recent Notre Dame/UConn game:


"Finally, I said to Kelly [Faris], ‘Who is the best in-bounds passer we have? She said. ‘I am.’ Then I asked her, ‘Who is the best person we have to throw the pass to?’ She said, ‘I am.’ I said, ‘Well that’s where I went wrong. I couldn’t figure out a way to let you inbound the ball to yourself.’"


Bonus quote!


“That’s when it dawned on me that my job is to put my players in the best possible position in those last 18.6 seconds,” Auriemma said. “I didn’t do that. And when I told them that I had let them down, I was expecting them, or at least two or three of them, to say, ‘Nah coach.’ Instead they all went ‘uh huh’ and nodded their heads.”

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?