27 February 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores

Edited by Jen Campbell:


customer: Hi, I've got a book on reserve and I've come to pick it up.

bookseller: Sure, what's your name, and what was the title of the book?

customer: My name's Stuart and it was volume one of The Waverley Children's Dictionary.

bookseller: I'm sorry, I can't see that on our reserve shelf. When did you come in and reserve it?

customer: Oh, it was a while ago now.

bookseller: A couple of weeks?

customer: No... more like a year and a half.

bookseller: I'm afraid we only reserve books for a month and then they have to back out in the store. We don't have the space to keep them to one side for longer.

customer: But I was really looking forward to reading that!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?