09 February 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Twitter & and Astronaut

Chris Hadfield is an astronaut on the space station. He tweets awesome space pictures every day. One day, he received a tweet from a different type of spaceman....


William Shatner: Are you tweeting from space?

Chris Hadfield: Yes, Standard Orbit, Captain. And we're detecting signs of life on the surface.

[later]

Chris Hadfield: With George Takei posting about our space comms, all we need is Leonard Nimoy to beam in and we'd have an away team! :)

George Takei:
I'm fine with beaming down with the away team, as long as I don't have to wear the red shirt.

Chris Hadfield: I'm proud of being Canadian, but after [this] twitter conversation am starting to question wearing this red shirt.

Wil Wheaton:
If you get into trouble with Nanites while you're in orbit, I know a guy who can help you contain them. He has experience.

Chris Hadfield:
Wesley, we've talked about you being on the bridge. I believe you're needed in Engineering. :)

[later]


Leonard Nimoy:
Cmdr Hadfield, Live long and prosper.

Chris Hadfield:
I am not Spock either, but living and working in this spaceship comes pretty close. Life mirrors art. Live long and prosper, Leonard Nimoy.

[later]

Buzz Aldrin: Neil & I would've tweeted from the moon if we could have but I would prefer to tweet from Mars. Maybe by 2040.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?