07 February 2013

 

More Storm Roster News

Today the Storm announced that they had signed Temeka Johnson and Noelle Quinn.

Johnson is short, but one of the better back-up point guards in the league. Sue Bird needs a proper back-up, so I guess this is fine.

But Quinn? I remember Quinn playing for LA in 2010. I think she played for Washington last year? I don't remember ever being even vaguely impressed with her game.


In related news: Tulsa must be hoping that Skylar Diggins lives up to her hype. They just lost both of their veteran point guards from last season. (Johnson to Seattle, and Ivory Latta to Washington.) They have the #3 pick in the draft, and everyone's assuming they'll take Diggins. If she isn't everything she's been hyped to be, they're in deep doo-doo.


Speaking of the draft.... Someone on the Rebkell forums pointed out that if the Storm miss the playoffs this year, the 2014 draft will have Odyssey Sims. I've wanted Sims to play for the Storm since the first time I saw her play, back in November 2010. I guess that's the bright side of having a bad 2013 season?

Labels: ,


Comments:
We need someone tall! Tall! If we keep getting short people there is less chance of drafting KF.
 
Yup. I'm concerned about that, too.

But hopefully they'll be looking long-term, and draft the best available player, no matter her height/position. (Even if that isn't Kelly Faris.) But I'd rather we were short for a season or two with a quality young guard/small forward than use this high (for us) draft pick on a mediocre tall player.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?