05 January 2013

 

Quote of the Day: Game of Thrones

I finally started watching Game of Thrones. I'm four episodes into the first season, and it's pretty good. I don't think it's something I'll want to re-watch, but I'm interested enough to keep watching.

I'm deeply amused that the three Lannister siblings are played by a Brit, an American, and a Dane. The whole cast speaks in British accents, so having Lena Headey play Queen Cersei makes sense. And hiring Peter Dinklage to play Tyrion Lannister was a no-brainer: There aren't that many quality actors who happen to be little people. But Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to play Jaime Lannister? He does a fine job, but it's a little weird to hear him speak to his "twin sister" Lena Headey....

Anyway. From "Winter is Coming" (1.01):


Jon Snow: You're Tyrion Lannister? The Queen's brother?

Tyrion Lannister: [dryly] My greatest accomplishment. And you, you're Ned Stark's bastard, aren't you?

[Jon starts to walk away.]

Tyrion Lannister: Did I offend you? Sorry. You are the bastard, though.

Jon Snow: Lord Eddard Stark is my father.

Tyrion Lannister:
And Lady Stark is not your mother, making you … the bastard. Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

Jon Snow: What the hell do you know about being a bastard?

Tyrion Lannister:
All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?