28 September 2012

 

Missed Opportunity

I didn't really expect the Storm to win this one. I hoped they'd win, of course, but I didn't expect it.

My realistic hope was that they'd keep it close, and wouldn't get blown out. And that's what happened.

But here's my problem: they could have won it. They kept it close enough that if they'd made a few more shots, a few more free throws.....

They could have won it.

And it wasn't just that Minnesota's defense kept them from making shots. (Although Minnesota does play very good defense.) No, they blew easy shots, too.

Bah.

The weirdest part had to have been Sue Bird sitting on the bench during the close finish. But Jayda Evans reports that Sue recognized that the bench was playing better than her, and asked to stay on the sidelines.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?