14 September 2012

 

A Sadly Familiar Tale

Does this sound familiar: The Storm played well for about a quarter, but ended up losing badly.

It should, because that's basically what happened in Atlanta a few days ago. (In Indiana they pretty much stank the whole game.)

I actually haven't seen the whole @ San Antonio game. When I got in my car to drive home, the game was just starting, so I listed to most of the first half on the radio. The first few minutes were a turnover-fest. (Seriously: Six of their first nine possessions resulted in turnovers. That's absurd.) But then they went crazy and ended up hitting (almost) all their shots, and taking a five point lead into the second quarter. San Antonio fought back, but Seattle was still only down two at half. By that point I was to the grocery store, so I missed the third quarter. I watched the fourth on TV at home, and, well ..... sigh.

Another nasty loss. Tanisha Wright did play this game, but Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson didn't.


I thought these last few games were about getting their chemistry right? Wouldn't that be helped by having the whole team playing? I am baffled.

Even if Bird and LJ are fighting injuries (and I'm sure they are), how about limiting their minutes? Only having them play ten minutes instead of thirty?


Next game is at home, vs. Connecticut. Connecticut's the top team in the east, but their top two post players (2012 gold medalists Asjha Jones & Tina Charles) are injured and I don't know if one or both will be playing. We shall see...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?