16 July 2012

 

Quote of the Day: Geno Auriemma

In the practice game against Brazil today, there were two attempted dunks. One was by Sylvia Fowles (who is 6'6" and has dunked in the past). The other was by Angel McCoughtry (who is .... NOT 6'6").


"Angel's knee is fine. Angel's knee is fine. Her hands are fine. Her ankles are good. Her arms and shoulders are good. As you move up that ladder, things don't become so good. That was the lamest attempt at a dunk I've ever seen in my life, and I embellish things a little bit, but I'm not embellishing things.

What Sylvia did was honorable. I've seen guys miss dunks, and Sylvia has been dunking her brains out in practice. What Sylvia did was an honorable attempt at trying to wake up the crowd.

What Angel did is bring comic relief to the crowd. So I guess they both have their place in the game."

Labels:


Comments:
I get the impression that Gene and Angel are butting heads. Hopefully Angel will learn something, about humility?
 
That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

She is the only member of Team USA that I actively dislike.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?