19 June 2012

 

That's Not How You Behave During Overtime!

I opened up LiveAccess (the WNBA website to watch games online) tonight and clicked on the Indiana @ Connecticut game. They are two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference, and I skipped to the end of the game to see who won. I found the spot where there was about one minute left in regulation, found that it was a close game, and watched from there.

It was interesting to watch such a close game and not have a vested interest in one team winning. (I am fond of players on both teams.)

The game ended up going into ovetime, and I watched that. (I did skip through timeouts, though.) Indiana put up a fight, but Connecticut ended up winning.

Here's the thing:

I've always heard that Connecticut has a good home court advantage. There did seem to be a good crowd, and they were vocal. But.... They were sitting. Almost every person they showed was sitting in their seat. At the end of a close game. DURING AN OVERTIME.

What?

That would NEVER happen at a Storm game. Never. Back in 2009 I was at a triple-overtime game against L.A. We were standing from a couple of minutes before the end of regulation until the last buzzer sounded at the end of the third overtime.

What the heck, Sun fans?

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?