18 June 2012

 

Quote of the Day: Daniel Keys Moran

From The Long Run:


Trent: Hi. I'm Trent the thief. Is there anything I can steal for you?

Melissa DuBois: That is not funny.

Trent: No? Then how about this? [Trent makes a funny face.]

Melissa DuBois: No. That is not funny either.

Trent: You know, people almost always at least smile at that one. Is something wrong?

Melissa DuBois: You are late.

Trent:
It wasn't my fault.

Melissa DuBois: As you say.

Trent: So I can't steal anything for you?

Melissa DuBois: No. I am afraid not. I am not poor.

Trent: What's that got to do with it?

Melissa DuBois: Is that not a Robin Hood routine? To steal from the rich, and give to the poor?

Trent: Don't be obscene. I'm a capitalist. [pause] I did have Merry Men once, but I had to get rid of them. They were gloomy sons of bitches.

Melissa DuBois: Oh?

Trent: Didn't laugh at my jokes.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?