23 June 2012

 

Current & Former Storm Players

Nice article about Ashley Robinson's return to Seattle with her current team, the Washington Mystics. Quoth Sue Bird: "Maybe I shouldn't say this, but Seattle fans, they have a reputation of being very kind to those that have played here and come back with (other) teams. A-Rob hated that. She'd say, 'Why are they cheering so loud for so-and-so?' Now she's that person."


Ewelina Kobryn didn't have the greatest game against San Antonio, but in general she's playing a lot better this year. She struggles with the language barrier, though: "Sometimes they're [teammates] laughing because when I make a mistake or have some situation, I say, 'I have pressure,' and they say, 'Why do you have pressure?' because they don't understand me. My English is very elementary."


From the Australian National Team's website, Lauren Jackson's profile page. My favorite part is that she lists her "Primary Training Base" as "Seattle, United States". Awwww... We miss you, too, LJ! (And please take note, ESPN announcers: Her listed nicknames are "LJ" and "Loz". Not "L-Jacks". NO ONE BUT YOU CALLS HER THAT. PLEASE STOP.)

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?