16 April 2012

 

Quick Notes

I want to talk about the draft, but I dumped all my brain energy into doing job stuff tonight. So, quickly:

The Storm drafted Shekinna Stricklen from Tennessee. (It's going to be a while before I can spell that without looking.) She seemed nice enough the post-draft interview. Apparently she's quite versatile: At Tennessee she started at positions 1, 2, 3, and 4.

The lone UConn draftee -- Tiffany Hayes -- went early in the second round to Atlanta. Boo, hiss. (I hate Atlanta.)

Several surprises in the first round, including a couple of young foreign players that won't be WNBA-ready for a couple of years (at best). Weak draft, so teams were making the best of it by calling "dibs" on some potential talent.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?