06 April 2012

 

Day 20

Question 20: A player you think needs to retire?

Based on last season, my answer would be Tina Thompson. Since she'll be playing for the Storm this season, I hope I don't have the same answer in June....


Speaking of the Storm, they have signed a new point guard! Her name is Silvia Dominguez and she plays for Ros Casares in Spain -- the same team as Lauren Jackson, Ann Wauters, Maya Moore, and Jana Vesela.

I'm pretty excited about this, actually. She's young (25) and a proven champion. (Ros Casares won the Euroleague this year, and the team she played for last year won last year.) Plus, during the Euroleague championship Jayda Evans tweeted that she was adding Silvia Dominguez to her "dream WNBA player roster".

Labels: ,


Comments:
promising addition :)
 
Retire - unless she remembers how to hit the basket, Katie Smith.
 
Katie Smith may not have been hitting her shots last year, but she was still playing hard.

Last year Tina Thompson was playing like she'd given up.
 
Yeah, I know she was playing hard. Her defense was GREAT. I contemplated not choosing her. However, I thought she was brought in for her 3-point scoring and she failed at that. I'm hoping she has her mojo back this year.

I didn't pay attention to TT playing last year. It is questionable as to why the Storm added her to their roster.
 
I'm with you on hoping Katie Smith found her shooting mojo!

re: Tina Thompson... I remember how hard she was playing in 2010. In the 1st round playoff games, especially, it seemed like she was trying to get the win with sheer force of will. She coached on the sidelines during timeouts, she was shooting three's from deeeep, she was PLAYING HARD. But last year I saw none of that from her. Hopefully coming off the bench will benefit her.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?