30 March 2012

 

Team USA

Eleven of the twelve members of the Olympic team were named today. (Number twelve will named at some future date.... Why? Dunno.)

Sue Bird was, as expected, named to the team. Also? Swin Cash! Yay!

There are three other former Huskies on the team: Diana Taurasi, Tina Charles, and Maya Moore.

The other players are: Tamika Catchings (Tennessee/Indiana Fever), Seimone Augustus (LSU/Minnesota Lynx), Sylvia Fowles (LSU/Chicago Sky), Candace Parker (Tennessee/LA Sparks), Angel McCoughtry (Louisville/Atlanta Dream), and Lindsay Whalen (Minnesota/Minnesota Lynx).

I'm pretty happy with that group. My only concern is that Cappie Pondexter might be #12. Hopefully, though, it will be someone like Candice Dupree or Asjha Jones. (They seem to have the guard spot pretty well covered, though, so I'm hopeful. Bird and Whalen are point guards, and Taurasi, Augustus, and McCoughtry are all shooting guards. Charles and Fowles are the centers, and Catchings, Parker, Cash, and Moore are the forwards. Maybe they'll add another center? There's speculation that it might be Brittney Griner. I wouldn't love that, but she's better than Cappie Pondexter!)


p.s. The only player that I had to look up their team was Seimone Augustus's college. I scare myself sometimes!

Labels: ,


Comments:
YEAH!!!

SUE and SWIN !!!!

:D
 
I know, right? AWESOME!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?