12 March 2012

 

Quote of the Day: Wil Wheaton

Wil Wheaton played Wesley Crusher on "Star Trek: The Next Generation". Many, many Trekkers hated Wesley, because he was a teenage boy hanging out on the bridge and knew more than all the grown-up Starfleet officers around him.

I loved him, because I was a geeky teenage girl, and he was a geeky (cute) teenage boy.

Wil Wheaton has grown up to be a cool, geeky writer/actor, who has a very good sense of humor about his time on "TNG".

This is from his blog:



Earlier today, I got an email from a Star Trek TNG cast member who will remain nameless. I've chosen the pseudonym Jonathan Frakes for the purposes of this post. [Jonathan Frakes played Commander Riker.]

"Jonathan Frakes's" email had been compromised, and I'd gotten one of the things it sent out, so I pinged him and offered to help him fix it, if he needed assistance. "It turns out I still have a little Wesley Crusher in me," I typed. Then I thought for a moment and added, "...eww. That doesn't sound right at all."

I walked him through scanning and removing spyware and malware, mostly via text messages... which was hilarious to me, because my text message alert tone is the original Star Trek communicator sound.

It all ran smoothly, but "Frakes" was concerned about his CPU maxing out. "It's using all the power," he typed to me. Then, and I swear to whatever god you believe in that this is true, he followed that up with: "I'm givin it all I can, Captain!"

I typed back, "Okay. Run a level five diagnostic and emit an inverse neutrino pulse through the main navigational deflector."

A moment later "Jonathan Frakes" replied, "All done! It worked. Thanks for your help."

"Any time," I replied. Then I collapsed into a fit of giggles.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?