18 March 2012

 

Quote of the Day: Richard Cohen

I got my first chance to see Elena Delle Donne play today, and... wow. She is everything that I have heard she is. She reminded me of Lauren Jackson, in the way that she made impossible-looking shots, in the way that she shot from all over the court, and in the way that she grabbed passes that I thought would sail out-of-bounds. That's she's 6'5" and blonde is a mere coincidence!

Anyway... She plays for Delaware, a team that has -- previous to today's 1st round NCAA game -- never been nationally televised before. So today I, and a lot of other people, finally got to see her play. Here's WNBAlien's Richard Cohen take on her, via twitter:


"Okay, so having been completely underwhelmed by [Ohio State's Samantha] Prahalis earlier, I'm now seeing [Elena] Delle Donne. Consider me thoroughly whelmed. [...] I see some [Candace] Parker and some [Lauren] Jackson - when those come to mind as comparisons, it's a good start."


ETA: ESPN has some EDD highlights.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?